Thursday 9 July 2009

My Mum Says 'Hurry Slowly'

In Tuesdays Blog I said I was a little unsure of my Mums saying 'hurry slowly', it's a saying I have been using myself recently without fully understanding it. I would like to thank Mr HT .Landsdowne providing this explanation for me.
"Hurry slowly." An oxymoron - similar to "more haste, less speed
It's a metaphor and it literally means that if you take your time making sure to cover all the bases you will eventually get their quicker as you don't have to go back to sort out problems that occurred because you weren't being careful.
Thanks again.
HT Landsdowne also contributed these sayings that his Mum says:
  • Better than counting your years is making your years count.
  • The only way to get a friend is to be one
  • Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his/her shoes
  • You don't need parties for happiness; recognize joy when it arrives in the plain brown wrappings of everyday life.
  • If you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain

Please contribute to the blog and let me know what your Mum says.

No comments:

Post a Comment