Wednesday 15 July 2009

Tribute to a Mum

Today is a little off track from the usual My Mum Says, JB sent a contribution in which is a tribute to his Mum and other Mums around the world. I thought it would be nice to publish it in its entirety. So here it is.
This is a little off key to the normal subject but I felt this would be a great forum to talk about my Mum and mum's in general. I will start with a verse from an Elvis Presley song which to me, sums my Mum up in every way.
When no-one else can understand me
When everything I do is wrong
You give me hope and consolation
You give me strength to carry on
And you're always there to lend a hand
In everything I do
That's the wonder The wonder of you
Those few words from the song is what to me my Mum as been, all through my life, from scrapes as a child, to troublesome teen years and into adult life. No matter what My Mum as always taken the time to understand me and given me the strength to carry on. So thank you Mum, I love you.

2 comments:

  1. I am far away from my Mum anbd miss her badly. I also am far away from my Son, so as a Mum I feel that pain too. I am trying to be positive though and I blog also to express how I feel and that really does helo. I really like your blog and will come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenai, sorry to hear you are away from your Son, please leave your link to your blog so we can all have a look.

    ReplyDelete