Tuesday 21 July 2009

Funny and Embarrasing Mum story

This story was sent in so I thought I would start the blog with it today. Then for us Mums after some sayings about women and men.
1) While in line at the bank one afternoon, my toddler decided to release some pent-up energy and ran amok. I was finally able to grab hold of her after receiving looks of disgust and annoyance from other patrons. I told her that if she did not start behaving "right now" she would be punished. To my horror, she looked me in the eye and said in a voice just as threatening, "If you don't let me go right now, I will tell Grandma that I saw you kissing Daddy's pee-pee last night!" The silence was deafening after this enlightening exchange. Even the tellers stopped what they were doing. I mustered up the last of my dignity and walked out of the bank with my daughter in tow. The last thing I heard as the door closed behind me, were screams of laughter.
  • A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't."
  • "You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy."
  • "I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house." -Zsa Zsa Gabor-

And to finish today's blog this great quote:

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts." --Washington Irving

No comments:

Post a Comment